Monday, January 18, 2010

Life Is Life


It was late evening.

I was driving home bringing my family from the airport.

My son was back home from Kuala Lumpur.

It was raining heavily

The wiper was running in full speed. It sounded extremely rough, almost as if it was about to fly off.

The air conditioner was freezing cold.

I tried to drive very slowly but I still could not get a clear view of the road.

Everyone in the van was speechless and lost in thought...

The children were enjoying their short nap, listening to their headphones.

My wife was busy helping me paying a closer look at the road conditions.

Once in a while, vehicles sped through, dirt and water splashed up from the tires to the front windscreen.

Sometimes motorcycle riders sped through in groups.

It was really scary driving in the rain when we were not used to it at all. And with the lightning flashes and the thunder roars....

But the journey was on and I was bringing my family slowly home....

*******

Vaguely I could see a house on the side of the road as I turned a corner.

It was a really small house, built of cement blocks, with the size of a room.

There were no neighboring houses around....

I remembered many times seeing an old man sitting on a stool, fanning himself slowly under the morning sun.

I didn't see anyone else looking after him.

It was a nice small house with electric and water supplies.

I presumed the old man must have a TV too.

But I had not seen the old man again for a long while....

The house now looked empty, more lonely and haunted than ever....

*******

Life is a journey.

It's a pass through.

We can drive slowly and behold everything more carefully.

Or we can speed through and chase after everything we want.

But at the end of the day, when we reflect on everything we have done, we will discover just how little we have learned.

Life is a journey of self-discovery.

It can be fun....

It can be cool....

It can be lonesome....

Life is life.

No comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.