Monday, September 6, 2010

Doing The Ordinary In The Extraordinary Ways


My days are ordinary; though everyday is a new day with its many fresh happenings and challenges.

I continue to do my daily routine and continue to enjoy my solitude and my company.

Everything is normal and everyone is busy thinking, talking and doing.

Nothing surprises me these days and nothing draws much attention.

Flipping through the news and watching the latest happenings....

A young girl committed suicide, jumping from a tall building after sending her SMS “I love you” to her daddy....

The New Zealand earthquake in Christchurch....

The increasing death tolls on our roads....

The price hikes and shortages of essential goods and services....

House burglarizing, motorcycle snatching, gang fights, goldsmith robberies, ATM vandalism....

Power outages, dirty water supplies, traffic jams, flash floods....

Sensational news and headlines....with colorful pictures and illustrations, vivid first-hand stories....

Feeling rather bored and depressed at the negative happenings, I sip my mineral water and rush to the backyard....

The flowers, plants and trees in the backyard offer much better comfort and surprise. They may look ordinary but are not really ordinary, I smile in triumph.

We don’t have to look far or do something extraordinary to make our days colorful and pleasing; the surroundings always have all their beauty and glory.

The morning sunshine, the country air, the open blue sky....

The busy insects, birds, and fish in the sea....

Doing the ordinary in the extraordinary ways....

Oh no...

My day is not ordinary... and never ordinary....

No comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.