So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. (Matthew 6:28-29)
- Some cities and countries are often seen busy preparing festivals to welcome the spring flowers.
- Flowers often remind us that summer is on the way and with it will come even more flowers to delight our eyes.
- Flowers are also wonderful reminders of the grace of God in our lives.
- Our Lord used the lilies of the field to remind us of the provision of our heavenly Father.
- In His great Sermon on the Mount, Jesus said, “Consider the lilies of the field . . . ; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. . . . Will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?” (Matt. 6:28-30).
- Flowers alert us to the end of winter and the beginning of spring.
- They also remind us of the gracious God upon whom we can depend to provide food, clothing, and shelter.
- In trees and flowers of the field, in creatures large and small, we trace the watchful care of Him Who planned and made them all.
- If Jesus is concerned about flowers and birds, He certainly cares about us.