He stretches out the north over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing. (Job 26:7)
- The Earth is so heavy. But there is nothing supporting it.
- It spins on its axis at 1,000 miles per hour in its orbit around the sun. But it remains unnoticed in the midst of our concerns about health, relationships, and how to pay our bills.
- The OT Job did it differently. He repeatedly considered God’s creation in his struggle to make sense of the loss of his health, his wealth, and his children.
- The creation itself did not answer Job’s questions.
- But it pointed him to God the Creator, who alone could respond with help and hope.
- God who upholds the universe by the word of His power is in control of our everyday lives. All our experiences are under God’s power and love.
- God in His infinite power created the world out of nothing and uphold it by His word. But God is also in control of every part of our lives.
- When we reflect on the power of God’s creation, we will see the power of His care for us.
Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? (Matthew 6:30)