Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. (Philippians 4:8)
- When lustful or vengeful thoughts creep into our minds, reading and meditating on God’s Word can help to clean up our thinking.
- We are told to love the Lord with all our heart, all our soul, and all our mind.
- We are told not to be conformed to this world but to be transformed by the renewing of our mind.
- We are told to think about things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy.
- When our minds wander to evil, the best thing to do is to allow the wisdom of the Bible to permeate our thoughts and hearts.
- Dear Lord, our desire is to spend time in Your Word. We know that meditating on Your Word fills our minds with thoughts of You and helps to keep our thinking from wandering to evil. Help us to do so.
- A clean heart comes from choosing to turn from our own self-will life to a God-will life.