Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men! (Psalm 107:8)
- Too often we lament the moments in life that don’t go our way, when we should spend time focusing on the wonderful gifts our heavenly Father has given us.
- We must realize that we are too blessed to complain or be unhappy in this beautiful life we are given. Everything we have is a gift from God. In His grace, God shares His property with us. In His grace, God shares the ability for you and me to make money in order to put food on our table and to clothe our families.
- Let us rather spend time celebrating the goodness of God upon our lives. Let us renew our commitment to be more actively and intentionally grateful because our God has been good to us in more ways than we could ever count.
- Psalm 107 is a song that seeks to rectify thankless thinking. The psalmist makes a plea to hearts grown cold with ingratitude, repeating four times, “Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!”
- Even in the worst of times, we have much to be thankful for. May we learn to thank God for His goodness to us!