If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
- All of us must learn to cope with defeat and self-condemnation
following a spiritual collapse.
- But how can we recover from grieving God and
others, along with disappointing ourselves?
- The apostle John wrote, “If we confess our sins,
He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all
- God forgives us because Jesus Christ paid the
price for our sins.
- God’s pardon sets us free to begin again.
- God’s pardon makes us focus on today’s
opportunity rather than yesterday’s defeat.
- God’s faithful cleansing allows us to start over
with a pure heart.
- So, instead of living in the shadows of yesterday, let us walk in the light of today and the hope of tomorrow.