Friday, April 1, 2011

A Quiet Room


Sitting at a corner in a quiet room can be very nice and relaxing when one is busy doing some work, whether it is an official duty or a private activity.

I was sitting at a corner, doing some online work. It was a quiet morning where many of my colleagues were busy working outside the room. Occasionally, in a distance, I could hear some colleagues talking and joking; they must have many interesting things to share, I told myself, smiling quietly.

Looking outside the huge room, I examined the beautiful plants and flowers. I enjoyed the greenery and tranquility of the tropical garden. I looked up at the clear blue sky, and enjoyed myself watching the few white clouds drifting across the sky. Nature continued to run its course and everything was slowly settling down. There is no need to hurry through life, I told myself.

I looked at the piles of work in front of me. It was not a lot really and I should have no problem completing them. I nodded my head; I am confident that I will be able to do them.

A friend came to me. She had a lot to share and I tried my best to answer her. I had just been promoted and she was now taking over my place.Seeing her very happy with her new post, I tried to cheer her on. It was nice to see someone promoted to a higher post; it gave much satisfaction and pleasure. Of course, there would always be those who would not be happy with the new leadership. But that was the fact of life, and everyone had to learn to adapt to changes.

More and more colleagues and clients came flocking into the office. It would be an busy day for everyone now. More conversation, more greeting and sharing, smiling, laughing, joking, teasing, etc. The office was alive again. It was no more a quiet room.

But it would, again.

There is a time for everything. A time to be busy, a time to relax; a time to be serious, a time to play and have fun.

The room is quiet again.

And I continue to enjoy doing my works.

No comments:

Get Paid for Browsing the Internet with LogiPTC Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.